158 Australia St, Newtown
We are thrilled to have settled and got the keys to our new centre in the heart of one of Sydney’s most vivid and historical suburbs. The old church was built in 1943 and will need extensive renovations – but it’s a dream come true after more than 10 years of searching. The building is just minutes to King Street with direct access to Camperdown Memorial Rest Park.
The Rigpa Australia National Centre in Newtown will host:
- Rigpa’s core curriculum and practices
- training for Rigpa practitioners, instructors and care givers from around Australia
- Spiritual Care outreach to health practitioners
- Rigpé Yeshé youth education
- a digital hub for streaming practices to other Rigpa centres and students around Australia
- Practical Wisdom events for business and community leaders
- and teachings by eminent masters from all schools of Tibetan Buddhism
Until the renovations are complete we will stay at Surry Hills.