Please note: these sessions are on-hold and will be returning around April 2018.
While there are many forms of meditation offered in Sydney these days, Rigpa Sydney offers authentic meditation practices drawn from the centuries-old Tibetan tradition and helps us to discover their relevance to our busy modern lives.
Peace, mindfulness and awareness in the modern world offers:
- an introduction to how to meditate
- time and space to practice calm abiding, mindfulness and awareness
- discussion of how we can bring the benefits of meditation into every aspect of our daily lives
- video teachings
This morning is for newcomers to Buddhism and meditation, as well as those who already have some experience with meditation and wish to deepen their understanding and practice.
Each month, following the introduction to meditation, we’ll be presenting a teaching by Sogyal Rinpoche on a topic listed below.
Time: 9.00am – 11.30am, the first Saturday of each month.
Dates: 2 December 2017
Cost: Suggested donation $20 or $10 concession/student.
Parking: Limited 2P parking is available around the building. We are near Central Station if you are taking public transport.
List of topics that are covered each month:
- January: Experiencing the Natural Freedom of the Mind
- February: Mastering the Mind, Opening to Fundamental Goodness and Love
- March: Turning the Mind Away from Depression
- April: Healing Low Self Esteem
- May: How to Deal with Physical Pain
- June: How to be Happy and Find Stability
- July: Working with Anger
- August: Transforming Uncomfortable Situations
- September: Preventing Burnout and Exhaustion
- October: Overcoming Fear and Anxiety
- November: Awakening the Compassionate Mind: The Human Potential for Empathy, Compassion and Altruism
- December: Overcoming the Conceptual Mind through Meditation